Ms. Carolina Antonini is a native of Venezuela. She immigrated to the United States in 1979, and subsequently received a Bachelor’s and Juris Doctor Degrees from Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Antonini worked as a social worker and as program director for the Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta and the St. Vincent de Paul Society developing and providing services for Georgia’s indigent immigrant community. She also created and conducted cultural sensitivity seminars for service providers and law enforcement personnel, as well as health, legal, and social seminars for the immigrant community.
As an attorney, Ms. Antonini worked in the legal clinic of Catholic Social Services where she represented indigent immigrants in international human rights and immigration matters. She later became a partner in Antonini, Odom, & Sullivan and eventually opened her own office, The Antonini Law Firm, before co-founding Antonini & Cohen.
Ms. Antonini has participated as instructor and panelist in numerous legal workshops for attorneys and in many “know your rights” seminars for the immigrant community (including the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s Latino Law School). She is a co-founding member of the Georgia Hispanic Bar Association and served on its Board of Directors. She currently serves on the Board of The State Bar of Georgia- Law Related Education Consortium. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has served on the Board of its Atlanta Chapter.
- Georgia Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- CNN – Robin and Friends, From the Top
- NPR – Latin Beat, The Layman’s Lawyer, and Leyes Cotidianas
- Atlanta Journal – expert commentary on current immigrant issues and policy
- Radio – Hablando de Inmigracion (Speaking of Immigration), El Patron Radio Station, FM 105.3
- Judge Pro Hac Vice for the City Court of Atlanta – 2001-2006. Note: first Latina judge to sit on the bench in Georgia’s history.
- Adjunct professor at the College of Law, Georgia State University – 2004-Present.
- Co-author, Introduction to Georgia Law, a text book used to teach youth and continuing education adults about the legal system.