President Obama’s announcement last night will help millions of undocumented immigrants and their families stay and work in the US. They also address some major business immigration challenges as well.
Here are some highlights from the executive action on immigration. Look to Antonini & Cohen for more details as they become available.
Deferred Action for Parents
You may be eligible for protection from deportation and a work permit if:
- You are an undocumented immigrant
- You have been living in the in the US since January 1, 2010
- You are the parent of a US citizen or green card holder – child or adult
If you meet these requirements, contact us today so one of our experienced immigration attorneys can check your eligibility and get started!
Expansion of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program
You may now be eligible for DACA if:
- You are at least 15 years old
- You entered the US under the age of 16, and have been living here since January 1, 2010
- You meet other DACA requirements – click here to learn more about these requirements
Business Immigration Policy Changes
Additional details are available on the CIS website:
- Relief for employees caught in lengthy green card process
- Special US entry opportunities for certain investors, entrepreneurs, and inventors
- Extension of work permits for students with technical (STEM) degrees
Registration will open in the next 3-6 months, but you can start preparing today. Contact Antonini & Cohen to set up a consultation and meet directly with an experienced attorney who can answer your questions, confirm that you qualify, and gather your information for registration. Call 404-850-9394 or click here to schedule your appointment.
Beware of Scams!
Sadly, many immigrants will be misled by notarios or other unqualified consultants. Sometimes even well-meaning friends can unintentionally hurt your case because they don’t understand how the immigration process really works. The attorneys at Antonini & Cohen are dedicated to US immigration and are ready to help you with all your immigration matters. Call 404-850-9394 or click here to schedule your appointment.
At Antonini & Cohen, we have been providing energetic, effective and aggressive representation in all areas of American immigration law since 1991.