FAQs & Resources
FAQs and Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Visa Questions
Work Visa Questions
- How can I enter the US to work in a specialty occupation?
- What is the process underlying the hiring of foreign agricultural workers?
- How do I fill a temporary need for foreign workers?
- How can I receive training in the US?
- How can I transfer employees to a US operation?
- How can a religious worker enter the US?
- Where can I get more information about the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)?
- How can an individual with extraordinary abilities enter the US?
- How can support personnel of people with extraordinary abilities enter the US?
- How can entertainers, artists or athletes enter the US?
- How can artists or entertainers involved in an exchange program enter the US?
- How can art educators enter the US?
- What is the best way to enter the US to engage in a business venture?
- What is the visa classification for ‘treaty traders’?
- What is the visa classification for ‘treaty investors’?
- Where can I find out more information about employment-based immigration?
Family Immigration Questions
- I am a US citizen or lawful permanent resident. Can I sponsor my family for immigration to the US?
- What is the process for sponsoring a spouse?
- Is there a temporary visa classification for fiancees?
- Where can I find out more information about the LIFE Act and Amendments?
- How many green card categories are there and where can I access them?
Non-Immigrant Visa Questions
- What is the ideal tourist visa?
- I am an exchange visitor. What visa should I apply for?
- I am an exchange visitor interested in receiving training in the US What visa should I apply for?
- Can I enter the US for a brief period of time without obtaining a visa?
- I am traveling through the US. Can I visit family/friends while waiting for my departing flight?
- What visa can I use to travel to the UN?
- I am a foreign government official. How can I visit family/friends while waiting for my departing flight?
- What is the visa process for crewmen?
- What is the visa process for crewmen en route to Guam?
- How can foreign media representatives enter the US?
Refugees & Asylum Questions
IMMIGRATION RELATED ORGANIZATIONS
- American Immigration Law Council
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network
- Detention Watch
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Kids In Need Of Defense
- National Immigration Project
- Southern Poverty Law Center
HUMAN RIGHTS AND ASYLUM RELATED WEBSITES
- Amnesty International
- Freedom House
- General information about asylum and asylum case support
- Human Rights Watch
- US Department of State Country Reports