Procedure to Petition for Family Member Outside the US

Here’s how to apply for family-based immigration (Immigration Petition):

  1. Your sponsor must submit Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for you at a US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) center, along with documentation to prove that:
    1. He/she is a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
    2. You are related to him/her.
  2. Once USCIS receives your visa petition from your sponsor, it will be approved or denied. In the event the petition is approved, USCIS will notify your sponsor.
  3. USCIS will send the approved visa petition to the Department of State’s National Visa Center. The Center will notify you when the visa petition is received and when an immigrant visa number becomes available. The immigrant visa numbers are allotted on the basis of the Family-Based Preference Categories. You can check the visa availability in your particular preference category in the Department of State’s Visa Bulletin.

Need more family immigration petition information? Contact us!

Call Now ButtonCall Now! Llámanos!